Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Countdown Continues

I quit my job today.  It was easier than I thought it would be, due mostly to the relatively warm reception by my boss.  Although I bitched and complained periodically about my job (true to form), I do realize that I learned a lot and was given many opportunities that I might not have had somewhere else.  Of course I have my grievances with my soon-to-be former employer, but who doesn't?  No need to get into that now, as I'm about to take a gulp from the glass half full.

Now that the secret is out, I can lay out here in writing a brief chronology of where I'll be heading between now and the flight to Europe (Air Berlin anyone?).  Once I drop the dogs off in Spokane with their other daddy, I'll be heading back down the Pacific Coast via Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, and Santa Cruz spending a day or two in each place visiting friends and family.  Then on to San Diego where I'll be cycling the Bayshore Bikeway and indulging in other San Diego sights and sounds with the folks.  I need to remind myself while I'm there to soak up the sun and warm temps, as those meteorological conditions will be in short supply where I'll be wintering.

From San Diego, the irreversible trek east begins.  Mom will accompany me to Vegas where we'll spend a few days doing what we do best - trading war stories of bonus rounds and progressive jackpots.  We'll also see some cousins and will likely eat at least once at PF Chang's...because that's how we roll.  Then I'll drop my Mom off at the airport for her flight home, as I venture alone across the vastness of our politically-divided land.  The itinerary is flexible and undecided at the moment...there will be trade-offs involved, that's for sure.  Potential visit opportunities exist in the following locations:  Phoenix, Denver, Houston, Kansas City, St. Louis, Philadelphia, New York, and Boston.

More on the cross-country portion of my journey in a future post!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you used the word "eschew" ... You would reprimand me each time I used it!

    I wish you the very best, and will follow the blog closely. Please stop by in Cherry Valley, if you can. Your mom is welcome also. I would love to see you before you head irreversibly east ... XO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to Vegas but not looking forward to you being so far away. Could you please go somewhere tropical so Dad & I can come and visit?

    Mom

    ReplyDelete